fbpx

Genetic testing of donors

Genetic examinations for donors

At IVMED clinic, candidates for egg donors of reproductive cells undergo multi-stage medical monitoring before being included in our donor database.

Each candidate must be examined for genetic pathologies. Therefore, our patients can be sure that the donors in our database do not have genetic disorders and diseases.

Benefits of genetic examinations for donors at IVMED

The multi-stage process of selecting donors in our clinic for the further use of their reproductive cells in donation programs allows our patients to be sure that after IVF with donation of oocytes, sperm or embryos, they will give birth to a genetically healthy child.

Why to chose us

Your future family happiness is in safe hands
with IVMED!

What include in genetic examinations?


In our clinic, candidates for reproductive cell donors undergo the following types of examinations:

  1. Karyotyping (allows you to exclude violations in the structure and number of chromosomes).
  2. Mandatory molecular genetic studies (PCR studies on the 5 most common genetic diseases).
  3. Additional studies (at the request of the patient, we can examine the donor for 400 genetic pathologies using PCR and NGS methods).

Your future family happiness is in safe hands
with IVMED!

What include in genetic examinations?


In our clinic, candidates for reproductive cell donors undergo the following types of examinations:

  1. Karyotyping (allows you to exclude violations in the structure and number of chromosomes).
  2. Mandatory molecular genetic studies (PCR studies on the 5 most common genetic diseases).
  3. Additional studies (at the request of the patient, we can examine the donor for 400 genetic pathologies using PCR and NGS methods).

Free online consultation

Contact us today and get a real opportunity to get pregnant within days

Uncheck the box if you are not a robot

Genetic examinations for donors


Karyotyping

With many hereditary diseases in humans, changes in the chromosome set (karyotype) are detected. Therefore, karyotyping is necessarily included in a comprehensive genetic examination of donors, since it allows to exclude structural and quantitative abnormalities in the chromosomes that can be transmitted to the child.
Molecular genetic examinations

The syndrome of fragile X-chromosome. One of the most common inherited diseases associated with mental retardation. The frequency of birth of a child with this pathology is from 1: 2000 to 1: 4000.

Spinal muscle atrophy (SMA). This is a disease of motor neurons located in the anterior horns of the spinal cord. In the carrier family, the probability of giving birth to a sick child is 25%, with a probability of 25%, the child will inherit normal genes from each of the parents, and with a probability of 50%, the child will be born a healthy carrier of the pathological gene.

Cystic fibrosis. This is the most common monogenic inherited disease with an autosomal recessive type of inheritance. More than 45,000 cases of cystic fibrosis in children are reported annually in the world.

Non-syndromic sensorineural hearing loss. More than 80% of all inherited cases of hearing impairment are associated with it.

Phenylketonuria. This is an autosomal recessive disease, which in the absence of timely early diagnosis irreversibly leads to severe mental and physical retardation.

Genetic examinations for donors


Karyotyping

With many hereditary diseases in humans, changes in the chromosome set (karyotype) are detected. Therefore, karyotyping is necessarily included in a comprehensive genetic examination of donors, since it allows to exclude structural and quantitative abnormalities in the chromosomes that can be transmitted to the child.
Molecular genetic examinations

The syndrome of fragile X-chromosome.

Spinal muscle atrophy (SMA).

Cystic fibrosis.

Non-syndromic sensorineural hearing loss.

Phenylketonuria.

All programs

Frequently asked questions

1How can I choose a donor of oocytes?
In order to choose a suitable donor, you should leave a request on our website. Our coordinator will contact you to clarify the parameters of the donor that you are interested in (race, hair color, eye color, body composition, etc.). After that, our specialist will select the candidates who may be suitable for you according to the specified parameters, and send you donor profiles for review, among which you can choose your donor.
2Is it possible to carry out the preparation for embryo transfer at home, without coming to Kyiv?
Yes, you can undergo the medical preparation for embryo transfer in your country, periodically visiting the doctor who will provide you with ultrasound diagnostics. It’s not necessary to come to Kyiv for this.
3How many days will you need to spend in Kyiv during the program?
In order to participate in the donation program with frozen oocytes, it is enough for you and your partner to stay in Kyiv from 1 to 5 days. We will take care of your comfortable stay and provide complete information support.
4 Are pregnancy support medications included in this program?
Pregnancy support medications are already included in this program. You do not have to buy any additional medicines.
5 Can the genetic testing of the embryos be done in this program?
You can use the service of preimplantation genetic testing of embryos for additional fee, since PGT is not included in the program.
6 Will the donor ever learn that she was a donor to us?
The clinic carefully observes the law of Ukraine on the anonymity of donation and will keep the confidentiality of both parties (both the oocyte donor and the couple undergoing treatment).

View
donor
Free online consultation

Free online consultation

Enter your contact details and we will contact you shortly!

Uncheck the box if you are not a robot

×
×

Contact Us

Enter your contact details and we will contact you shortly!

Uncheck the box if you are not a robot

×

Кнопка Show More

По клику на кнопку можно сделать открытие PDF, переход на отдельную страницу и/или показывать форму обратной связи или форму захвата для сбора контактных данных.

×


Egg donor candidates

150+ comprehensive profiles of egg donors indicating more than 30 characteristics of each donor, including their photos.


Uncheck the box if you are not a robot

×

Request a price


Uncheck the box if you are not a robot

×

Request a price

Uncheck the box if you are not a robot

×